Sunday, January 1, 2012

My first blog post of the New Year :)

Happy 2012 everyone!

What a crazy year it has been... so many ups and downs for our family, but truly the best year of my life so far because Cole was born. He has completed my life so perfectly. I love him so much. God has blessed us in SO many ways and I am forever grateful to Him.

I have a long list of resolutions as always, one of them being to get BACK into my DIY projects and blogging more!

I have wanted to share this project for awhile, but I couldn't until after Christmas because it was a gift for my mom and I didn't want to spoil the surprise for her on my blog.

I found an amazing connection on Craigslist for vintage windows.  I of course got a couple of them and plan to go back and get more. There are so many fun things you can do with them, and they're even so beautiful just hanging the way they are on the wall. One of the things I made so far was a vintage window turned picture frame, this was the gift for mom:



I didn't need to paint it or do anything to it, so that made it really easy. It was already chippy, old and worn looking, and perfectly weathered. Just the way I wanted it. No sanding, distressing, or antiquing required.. gotta LOVE vintage Craigslist finds!!! All I had to do was clean it off really well, and print off 6 11x14 black and white glossy prints from Costco and spray glue them to the front of the glass.

And most importantly, mom loved it.

God bless you all and Happy New Year!

Tip 
Junkie handmade projects


1 comment:

  1. Hi, Stevie! I saw your window on Tip Junkie and had to stop by! I love what you did with it....turned out great! I'm your newest fan! Please stop by bellanest.blogspot.com if you get a chance. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete